Today, we’re heading to Rwanda. Most people we talk to think it’s a traditional medical mission, but it’s a little different. Following the guidance of the Joint Commission International Essentials of Health Care Quality and Patient Safety, our expert medical and operational folks were invited to visit four hospitals in Kigali, Rwanda to survey various operations including:
- Leadership processes / accountability
- Competent and capable workforce
- Safe environment for staff and patients
- Improvement of quality and safety
- Clinical care of patients
After a three-day on-site survey of 50+ elements in each hospital, each team will present findings and recommendations to respective hospital leadership.